Our Angle With Out Wings XoXo

My photo
Hey! Im Ashley and I live in the Washington area. God has blessed me with three beautiful children. One of my children has a rare form of dwarfism. We are still waiting on a dignosis, which can take up to a year. So while i patiently wait ive been doing a TON of research on could it be this or oh what if she has that...I have this blog to have others find me and as well helping others who may be experiencing the same issue's or have already been there. Enjoy to read or even chat & of course enjoy our wonderful journey that God has planed for us :D

Friday, September 21, 2012

6 Month Update!!!

So took Miss Riley to see a pediatric neurologist on wed, about her scoliosis. Ive been really worried about her back and per cations i should be making. They said there isn't anything i should be doing differently with her then i would with a normal baby who doesn't have scoliosis. They then were asking me about her head and if anyone has told me her head as been measuring different and i said no...Then she said she is really worried that she might have this thing called Craniosynostosis. & that she is looking like she is starting to show sings of this. So she brought another doc in and he said the same thing and how they wanna do a CT scan. She tried explaining it to me but me what Craniosynostosis is but all i could thing of was Great another thing to add to her list of problems. I cried all the way home and was thinking the worst but once i read up on it its not as bad as i ws thinking...and early intervention will help! Plus im not sure if she even has it or not. So i just gotta keep faith with me and see what the CT scan says first before freaking out. Also I spoke with her ENT doc about this and he doesn't want to do any ct scans yet until he speaks with them bc he doesn't want her to be exposed to too much radiation. He is out of town all next week but we will be doing another sleep study the first week of October and this will also let us know if she is in need of a trach. Im glad they are doing the sleep study at the hospital. He said once they get the test results then they will either send us home or do the trach. I called Cedar Sinai the skeleton displysha where they are going to determine her diagnosis. They said they are almost done they are getting ready to send it all out and to call them Tuesday. I'm hoping they have a diagnosis. I cant wait much longer!!!! Ive been researching and researching since i was pergo lol I always think of what happens if she dies. So many thoughts run through my mind... Like How will i move on? Or How do those other parents who've lost a loved one move on? What will we do with her body? Barrie or Cremate? I'm a little selfish went it comes to this. I have to keep telling myself it just doesn't effect me it will effect everyone who has Riley in there life. Including Billy, Maddie, and Caleb. I have to keep strong for them. I tell myself everyday im doing all I can & my best for her right now. All that i can do to help her. When its her time to go which no one knows when its there time to go. I cant be sad and dwell on it. Just gotta sit back and look at everything myself and her dad has done to keep her moving forward. I hate hate hate talking about this but you cant keep it all in. You have to talk about it. Because we all go when its time. We just dont no when that day is. We just have to be thankful each day that we have her and enjoy the times we share with her. I just want to thank everyone for your support and your help getting us through this. If it wasn't for the internet, amazing doctors, family & friends and Facebook support groups I would be lost!! thank you all! Love ya xoxo 6 month photos coming soon :)

No comments: